After 20 years in numerous leadership positions in both public and private companies, I decided to use my experience and desire to positively impact people’s lives in a more personal way. It started with the birth of my first child, which drove home the importance of planning for the future. That key life event, along with watching one of my family members struggling due to poor financial decisions, made me realize how important financial planning is and how it can affect people’s lives both positively and negatively. I saw a real need to provide unbiased “client-first” advice in a world full of self-serving sales people offering products and services that were not always in the client’s best interest.
As an accomplished LPL Financial Advisor, and Partner in one of the largest financial planning consortiums in Atlanta (as noted in the 2015 Atlanta Business Chronicle based on assets under management), our team focuses our planning strategies around pursuing our clients’ goals and dreams for themselves and their families before and during retirement. We specialize in assisting executives and business owners, with an emphasis on the unique needs and challenges that women face in today’s world. Prior to joining Integrated Financial Group, I was a Partner, COO and Head of the Financial Planning Department at another Atlanta-based firm. I also worked at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Services as a Financial Advisor.
On the personal front, I’ve been blessed to have the ability to visit the world. Seeing how other societies live provides me important perspective around the concept of not just “living to work” but rather to use work and the income it creates to live the life that we want. It’s an important concept that we weave into each client’s long-term vision for their lives. When I am not working with my clients, I spend time as a partner, mentor and father. Our household includes 3 kids, 4 fish, 1 cat and one bearded dragon named Larry.
Areas Of Expertise:
- Comprehensive Financial Planning through LPL Financial
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Strategies
- College Education Planning
- Estate Planning
- Executive Compensation
- Risk Management
- Strategic Planning
- Women in Transition (divorced, widowed, changing jobs)
- Corporate Executives
- Small Business Owners
- High Net Worth Individuals and Families
Education / Certification
- Accredited Wealth Manager (AWMA), College of Financial Planning
- Executive Program for Financial Planning Certification (CFP®), University of Georgia, Inaugural Class Graduate
- Certified Fund Specialist (CFS)
- *FIVE STAR Wealth Manager, Atlanta Magazine, 2012, 2014, 2015
- Listed as “One of the Advisors You Should Get To Know”, Wall Street Journal, 2015
- General Securities Representative, FINRA Series 7 Registration**
- Uniform Securities Agent, FINRA Series 63 Registration**
- Uniform Investment Advisor, FINRA Series 65 Registration**
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) Member
- Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, University of Alabama
- Currently working towards a Master of Science Degree in Financial Services
*Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2012/2013/2014 Five Star Wealth Managers.
** Registrations held with LPL Financial